Hola from a tired Marieke. We actually did a lot of work today. We had devtions 1st with Pastor Edwin with the waves on the lake in the back ground and a thunderstorm rolling in. Just a sign of God's Amazing creation. We then started our drive to Merida (after the storm off course).
It is a very rocky and muddy road which was interesting and fun. I was inside the truck but still. \It is interesting to see how the villagers live and then once you get closer to Merida it starts looking like a village. Merida seems to be just a dirt road in between the 2 Volcanoes.
Aaron and Betty's house looks really nice compare to their rental property. Much bigger than where they are now and also a lot more back yard. Very Quint and homey even without furniture. We worked on the kitchen, one room and outside.
I mostly worked outside and it was a lot fun. I helped to dig a meter and a half deep hole where the water from the washing machine and kitchen will run into. It was a lot of work and I will most likely be sore tomorrow but i did get a lot exercise. It feels so different when you are helping someone through God and that it was God that brought me here to lend a hand so that they can start a live on the island. It was nice cause I got to know out of our Translators, Ernesto, as well as pastor Aaron. I also got some Spanish instruction (I can't seem to remember a lot of the words through which is sad.)
We also pruned some interesting fruit trees and carried them to the back of the property where I had an allergic reaction to the one tree (not sure what) just some hives. Pastor Aaron made it fun and caught a little piglet that wandered into the yard and he was made the most loudest noise ever. It was a lot of fun. We are very tired and on the ride back the road was very rocky compare to when we went this morning. |It has cooled down and I am hoping that we get some sun tomorrow all day and no rain. We actually didnt go swimming but got a nice hot shower, mmm. Anyway time for sleep. Adios!!
No comments:
Post a Comment