Hello out of Hot Ometepe Island. I didnt have internet last night so I couldnt update the blog. I am so sore from Monday's work where I was digging the hole for the dirty water. Pastor Jared did devotions today who is the pastor in Managua. It was English and again about that we need to make sure we do all the work for God and not ourselves.
We then start heading to Merida where we worked hard. We 1st drove on the back on the rocky road and it was fun. When we got settled at the site we prayed and pastor Aaron thanked us for being here to help. Ernesto (translator) went to work on finishing the big hole. We still needed to dig another 3 inches. So Ernesto and I finished it, YAY. I got to know his story and we talked about how we serve in church and how he got to know the Lord. Pastor Aaron told us that we should take breaks and if we want to talk to each other on how we got to know the Lord we should and not just work, work, work.
It was amazing how much we got done. The hole is done now and I helped with some tiling inside the house. It was a very productive day and I got to know more people. It will be sad to leave the island Today. When we got back to the hotel Pastor Edwin and his family invited us to their house to go eat some corn on the cob and fellowship.
I am having fun and its awesome to see what the Lord is doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment