Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 8

Hola everyone! So today was a mixed emotions day. We had fun together as a team but also had to say good bye to some people :(. 

We had a fun day. Today was meant for a relaxation and team day. We went zip lining! Man something I would have wanted to do but never had the guts. So now I did it and will do it again. 

We drove up the volcano (none active one) and stopped halfway up. There we got free coffee ( best coffee ever) and for the 411 on how to properly zip line. There were 3 stages of zip lining we did. It is so scary once you take that 1st step. Now that I think about it, almost like taking the step of faith with The Lord. A little scary and u sure but know that you are save. 

There were times when we would be up in a tree on a platform and we are attached to a rope around the tree. The last bit to get down is really scary. There I screamed. It is pretty much we are attach to a rope that falls down to the ground. You stand on the edge and just sit in the harness and then drop. Like a drop zone, that one was the scariest one, I was shaking after that. 

We then spend some money and bought coffee. Mmmm the smell of coffee beans so good. I also saw a coffee bean tree and taste the bean/fruit. The bean is in a little berry and its sweet and then the nutty taste bean. 

We then got into a very old truck and went up the rest of the volcano. It was scary and very steep but we made it. We ate lunch up there and then went for a walk in the forest. We saw the grater and a monkey. We then got back on the truck and went on another scary ride down the hill. This one was majorly scary. 

We then switched buses and down we go even more. Then we went to a touristy  market where we bought some souvenirs and tried and haggle.  It was fun and I got nice things like little things. 

We then had to say good bye to Ernesto :(.  It was sad to see him leave and say good bye to him. The Lord is doing and has done a lot in his life. I had some Spanish lessons too and I am getting better. He said he will help me while I am in Canada and him in Nicaragua. 

This has been an amazing week. We had dinner with the pastors of harvest Managua tonight at an Italian restaurant. They have us each a little gift for everything we have done. 

There is a lot that we can do for Managua. I will update tomorrow maybe on the Atlanta airport. Otherwise I say, adios Asta manaian. Till tomorrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment